ASCCP joins the World Health Organization (WHO) in their pledge to eliminate cervical cancer. We concur with the goals towards these minimum standards:
- Vaccination: 90% of girls fully vaccinated with the HPV vaccine by the age of 15
- Screening: 70% of women screened using a high-performance test by the age of 35, and again by the age of 45
- Treatment: 90% of women with pre-cancer treated and 90% of women with invasive cancer managed.
How is ASCCP joining the effort, and what can you do to help?
ASCCP Launches a Global Strategy towards Cervical Cancer Elimination with New Initiatives
In the coming years, ASCCP will continue to look for other opportunities and initiatives as we celebrate and stand with the World Health Organization (WHO) in their goal for cervical cancer elimination.
Join ASCCP in this global effort by:
- Create an ASCCP account and opt-in to receive emails including ASCCP's Call for Volunteers for these many initiatives
- Support ASCCP through your membership dues and work on a committee or special task force
- Follow ASCCP on social media and join into these important conversations
ASCCP is not in this fight alone. We join the global effort, and applaud all who are taking on this monumental goal, including but not limited to: