Pre-Course: Advanced Discussions in Vulvovaginal Diseases
Claim CME - Access Here
The Advanced Discussions in Vulvovaginal Diseases course is designed to provide a current review of vulvovaginal conditions and will discuss questions regarding a variety of common presenting complaints. Presentations will cover therapy options, lichen simplex chronicus; bacterial vaginosis (BV) and yeast; ulcers; vulvodynia and vaginal atrophy as well as a review of difficult clinical cases (presentation, diagnosis, and management).
- Recognize appropriate utilization of systemic vulvar and vaginal therapy;
- Identify the differential diagnosis of vulvovaginal conditions;
- Analyze the evidence on laser and platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatment;
- Discuss treatment options for refractory lichen simplex chronicus;
- Recognize non-infectious vulvar ulceration and explain treatment options and protocols;
- Describe new and alternative approaches to vulvodynia;
- Explain how to address positive tests for Group B strep and mycoplasma;
- Recognize and manage persistent bacterial vaginosis and yeast; and
- Describe new and alternative approaches for women with vaginal atrophy.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
ASCCP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
ASCCP designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NPWH (CE Credits)
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 3.75 contact hours, 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 21-06.
As an accredited provider of CME credit, ASCCP has implemented a process to ensure that anyone who is in a position to affect the content of an educational activity has disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. Any conflicts of interest have been resolved by ASCCP prior to the activity.
The following person(s) disclosed financial relationships:
- Hope K. Haefner, MD - Faculty - UptoDate (author), Prestige Brands (Advisory Board, honorarium)
The following person(s) disclosed no relevant financial relationships:
- Cynthia Rasmussen, MD, FACOG - Faculty
- Colleen K. Stockdale, MD, MS - Course Director
- Kathryn C. Welch, MD - Faculty
- Kerry Curtis – Staff
- Cari Price – Staff
- Liesl Robinson – Staff
- Alisha Yocum – Staff