Presenting a poster at the 2018 Annual Meeting is a noteworthy way to share your research while contributing to your profession! Below are essential instructions to help you prepare your presentation. Following these guidelines will make this experience rewarding and enjoyable for you, as well as for attendees. Even if you have presented a poster in the past, please read these guidelines carefully, as we are constantly updating requirements. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
POSTER BOARD SPECIFICATIONS
- ASCCP will provide the following for your poster presentations:
- Poster board approximately 8 feet wide by 4 feet high display(92" x 44" usable surface).
- Number on each poster board indicating the location of your assigned poster board. Please do not remove the numbers.
- Push pins will be provided. PLEASE NOTE: Velcro will NOT adhere to the display boards that will be provided at the meeting. Please make adjustments to your design in order to use push pins for mounting the poster to the board.
- NO video standalone equipment, iPads and handouts are ok.
- Viewers should be able to understand your poster without listening to an explanation or reading a report. To improve the readability of your poster, we recommend the following:
- Text – Use a minimal amount of text material. Focus on two or three points maximum. Use one line statements or bullet points to highlight key point rather than full sentences. Break up large amounts of blocked text by using indented paragraphs or subheadings.
- Organization – Follow the “tried and true” arrangement of objectives, methods, results and conclusions. Arrange these material like newspaper columns on the poster board.
- Graphics – Use simple charts, graphs, tables, clip art, drawings, symbols and photos to illustrate key points.
- Font type – Use large lettering, at least 3/8” high (24-30pts), but do not use all upper case letters. Font should be simple and easy to read (i.e. Calibri, Sans Serif). The text should be readable from approximately three to five feet away or it is too small.
- Mounting – Laminated posters and posters made of heavy material are difficult to keep in position on the poster board. Please consider using a lighter weight material.
10950 W Charleston Blvd. #130, 215 Expwy & Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Posters larger than 36 inches in size should be submitted online to Office Depot by April 11. Posters less than 36 inches are typically available for same day pickup if ordered by 2:00 PM. For additional information regarding print services, please contact the store directly using the phone number above.
***Please Note: Anyone who chooses to have their poster printed at the Office Depot location above is responsible for picking it up.
Poster should be set-up and displayed from 7:00 AM on Thursday, April 19 and should remain up throughout the designated Posters Up - Wine Down session on Friday, April 20 from 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM.
Please hang your poster on the board with the corresponding poster number.
Posters and all other materials must be removed from the poster boards by 6:45 PM on Friday, April 20. Any posters or materials left after this time will be discarded.