Advanced Discussions in Vulvovaginal Diseases
The Advanced Discussions in Vulvovaginal Diseases course is designed to provide a current review of vulvovaginal conditions and will discuss questions regarding a variety of common presenting complaints. Presentations will cover therapy options, lichen simplex chronicus; bacterial vaginosis (BV) and yeast; ulcers; vulvodynia and vaginal atrophy as well as a review of difficult clinical cases (presentation, diagnosis, and management).
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize appropriate utilization of systemic vulvar and vaginal therapy;
- Identify the differential diagnosis of vulvovaginal conditions;
- Analyze the evidence on laser and platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatment;
- Discuss treatment options for refractory lichen simplex chronicus;
- Recognize vulvar ulceration and explain treatment options and protocols;
- Describe the methods used to diagnose vulvodynia;
- Explain how to address positive cultures for GBS and mycoplasma;
- Recognize and manage bacterial vaginosis and yeast; and
- Describe and manage vaginal dryness and dyspareunia.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
ASCCP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
ASCCP designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
As an accredited provider of CME credit, ASCCP has implemented a process to ensure that anyone who is in a position to affect the content of an educational activity has disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. Any conflicts of interest have been resolved by ASCCP prior to the activity.
The following person(s) disclosed relevant financial relationships:
- Hope Haefner, MD – Author, Faculty – Prestige Consumer Healthcare (Advisory Board Member)
The following person(s) disclosed no relevant financial relationships:
- Lisa Flowers, MD – Content Reviewer, Planner
- E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD – Author, Content Reviewer, Faculty
- Cynthia Rasmussen, MD – Author, Faculty
- Colleen Stockdale, MD, MS – Content Reviewer, Planner
- Christina Arnold – Staff
- Kerry Curtis – Staff
- Cari Price – Staff
- Alisha Yocum – Staff
- Liesel Robinson – ASCCP Consultant (Senior Event Planner)
- Rich Ryan – ASCCP Consultant (Exhibit/Sponsorship Sales)