Vulvar Surgery Skills Workshop
The Vulvar Surgery Skills Workshop is designed for participants looking to establish or enhance their skills on surgical techniques needed to perform a variety of vulvar procedures. Led directly by subject matter experts, this hands-on course will cover biopsy techniques; sutures; office and operating room procedures; flaps and grafts; excision and closure techniques, and more. Participants will choose between basic or advanced skill levels for this workshop. The two workshop groups will work independently most of the session but will work together for the Bartholin Cyst Marsupialization portion.
Upon completion of this live educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify surgical equipment, tools and supplies used in various vulvar procedures;
- Explain why certain surgical techniques are recommended for a specific vulvar procedure; and
- Demonstrate a variety of surgical techniques used to perform various vulvar procedures.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
ASCCP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
ASCCP designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
As an accredited provider of CME credit, ASCCP has implemented a process to ensure that anyone who is in a position to affect the content of an educational activity has disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. Any conflicts of interest have been resolved by ASCCP prior to the activity.
The following person(s) disclosed relevant financial relationships:
- Hope Haefner, MD – Author, Faculty – Prestige Consumer Healthcare (Advisory Board Member)
The following person(s) disclosed no relevant financial relationships:
- Christine Conageski, MD – Faculty
- Michael Fitzsimmons, MD – Faculty
- Lisa Flowers, MD – Content Reviewer, Planner
- Michelle Khan, MD, MPH – Faculty
- E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD – Author, Content Reviewer, Faculty
- Rajal Patel, MD – Faculty
- Cynthia Rasmussen, MD – Faculty
- Colleen Stockdale, MD, MS – Content Reviewer, Faculty, Planner
- Christina Arnold – Staff
- Kerry Curtis – Staff
- Cari Price – Staff
- Alisha Yocum – Staff
- Liesel Robinson – ASCCP Consultant (Senior Event Planner)
- Rich Ryan – ASCCP Consultant (Exhibit/Sponsorship Sales)