ASCCP recognizes that its members are exceptionally dedicated and hard-working, and greatly appreciates their efforts and contributions as they work domestically and internationally on behalf of our members. This policy is based on the review of other society practices along with ASCCP’s own and often unique situations.
Outlined below are reimbursable expenses for transportation, lodging, and other travel related costs.
Reimbursement for the cost of airfare is outlined below.
- To ensure that the ASCCP obtains the optimal airfare price, speakers/moderators are encouraged to book their travel at least (21 days) in advance of the meeting and to book domestic flights based on a coach airfare.
- Airfare is reimbursed as follows:
- Any domestic roundtrip coach airfare (including the United States and Canada) $500 and under.
- Any international roundtrip airfare (outside of the United States and Canada) $1,500 and under.
- ASCCP does not reimburse Business or First Class travel.
Flights booked over the amounts outlined above will not be reimbursed unless prior approval is given by ASCCP staff prior to purchasing the airfare.
All flights should be booked through ASCCP’s travel site at www.concursolutions.com. (Speakers and moderators are to use the following code when booking flights: 18APRLAS -ASCCPAM18).
Use of personal frequent flier miles will not be reimbursed by ASCCP. Speakers/moderators may upgrade their tickets using frequent flier miles, but this is not a reimbursable expense.
Should changes to your schedule need to be made after booking the initial travel, ASCCP will pay for the reimbursement of the service charge to change the reservation one time, if deemed necessary. All changes are required to be pre-approved by ASCCP before the change to your flight is made.
Personal automobile usage reimbursement in lieu of air travel is reimbursed at the approved IRS mileage rate, not to exceed the lowest available roundtrip coach airfare.
To ensure that the ASCCP obtains the optimal price, speakers/moderators are encouraged to book their travel at least (21 days) in advance of the meeting and to book travel based on a coach fare. ASCCP does not reimburse First Class travel.
Taxi costs are reimbursed for travel to and from the airport.
Use of limousines or private drivers are reimbursed at the same rate of local taxi fare.
Rental cars are required to be approved by ASCCP prior to rental. Rental cars are only approved in situations deemed necessary.
If using a personal automobile to and from the departure airport or the meeting, the ASCCP reimburses parking expenses, and mileage at the approved IRS mileage rate.
Speakers/Moderators are eligible for hotel reimbursement by ASCCP for a maximum of (1) night hotel beyond the number of days speaking (i.e. if you are speaking/moderating two days, ASCCP will cover 3 hotel nights). Any additional room nights will be at the traveler’s personal expense and will be charged to the speakers/moderators personal credit card upon checkout.
ASCCP books hotel rooms for speakers/moderators based on provided check-in and check-out.
If the traveler stays at a hotel other than the hotel provided by ASCCP, reimbursement is the lesser of the two hotel costs.
ASCCP does NOT reimburse for meals/food expenses. Breakfast and lunch are provided to all attendees during the meeting.
If complimentary internet is not included with your hotel room, ASCCP will reimburse up to $15 a day for internet services.
Tips will be reimbursed.
- A travel accident policy (with reduced benefits payable to those ages 70 or older) covering all ASCCP representatives traveling on official business from the time they leave their home or offices, whichever is later, up to the time they return to their homes or offices, whichever is earlier, is provided by the ASCCP at its expense.
- Gap and Add-On Travel: Gap travel is defined as travel, food, lodging and incidentals (FLI) for days between ASCCP meetings or other travel on ASCCP’s behalf, when the individual chooses to stay at one of the locations or somewhere in between, rather than return to their home and travel again to reach the next meeting destination. If deemed the most economical option for ASCCP, gap travel will be reimbursed at the above stipend for mileage allowance and lodging at a rate not to exceed the rate of the final destination lodging. ASCCP will not pay additional transportation costs for routing other than that required for official ASCCP business. Gap travel must be documented by ASCCP official financial records to preclude any interpretation that the gap travel results in taxable income to the individual involved.
- Add-on travel is travel either before or after meetings of the Society at the sole discretion of the individual traveling. All add-on expenses, additional transportation costs to destinations other than home, lodging, and incidentals are the responsibility of the individual traveling.
Receipts are required for all expenditures of $10.00 or more.
- Alcoholic beverages outside an ASCCP sponsored event.
- Expenses for family members or personal guests at meetings.
- Cell phone expenses.
- Gym or health club fees.
- ATM fees or currency exchange fees.
- Other personal expenses not related to ASCCP business, (e.g. movies, barber and beauty salon, gift shop, flower shop, golf related activities, spa treatments, etc.).
Reimbursement for Travel Expenses
Reimbursement for expenses not charged directly to the ASCCP master accounts should be requested using the ASCCP Travel Expense Report, which will be sent to speakers/moderators prior to the meeting.
A receipt is required for all expenses $10.00 or more.
Travel expense reports should be submitted to the appropriate ASCCP staff liaison within 30 days of the end of travel in order to receive reimbursement. Upon approval, travel expenses will be reimbursed via check, direct deposit (ACH) or wire transfer (international).
Any outstanding travel expenses submitted for reimbursement more than 90 days after the event will not be reimbursed.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this policy to the contrary, all expenses submitted for reimbursement hereunder shall be subject to final approval by the ASCCP Executive Director, in accordance with their fiduciary responsibilities and auditing requirements. The Executive Director specifically retains the right to deny any reimbursement claim in the event the Executive Director determines, in consultation with Society auditors, that such claimed expense is not properly reimbursable in accordance with the best business practices of the ACCME, GAAP or ASCCP guidelines or standards.
This policy was reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors on June 15, 2015.