- **Responsible for upholding the membership standards set by the bylaws.
- **Review all applications for membership and if standards are met, forward the names to the Society membership for vote.
- See that all applications are complete before submitting them to the membership for balloting
- Increase the value of joining the society
- Determine which products and services should be available to members without charge, which should have a price tag, and which should no longer be available
- Increase the value of the “members only” side of the website
- Enhance membership retention by developing a mechanism to regularly engage members
- Possibilities suggested in 2011 retreat:
- Question of the day
- Monthly cases
- Enhance retention by better marketing of benefits of membership
- Increase visibility, interesting and understanding of Society’s mission, programs, and educational materials among health professionals and other interested stakeholders
- Develop ad hoc committee to survey members of other societies regarding needs for LGT education
- Survey ASCCP membership re: Is there a market for products or programs for their office staff
- What methodology would work best
- The ASCCP membership committee meets four times a year, by telephone conference call. Generally these calls are in the daytime and on a weekday.
- The committee will meet once during the Biennial Scientific Meeting, time determined by committee chairs availability.
- The committee activities during the Biennial Scientific Meeting include a new member social (either breakfast or other gathering), the ASCCP Colposcopy Bowl (the activity for newly graduated, less than five years in practice clinicians) and presenting the ASCCP $5,000 Trainee Research Award
Back to Committees
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our